Just some of the reasons why you should choose Mid Essex for your teacher training:
- Mid Essex has a small, friendly team of staff who get to know all our trainee teachers well and are able to offer personalised support for them every Thursday.
- We have links with over 20 secondary schools around Essex.
- Excellent employment rates, significantly above the national average: virtually all our successful trainees are offered NQT teaching posts, many in the schools in which they trained. Our completion rates are above the national average too.
- All of our training is run by experienced, practising teachers.
- Weekly training in the fantastic Braintree Arts Theatre.
- Additional, weekly subject specific training at your subject mentor's school.
- Continual assessment process.
- Support of a mentor, professional mentor and subject mentor, plus our three Course Tutors and Programme Manager.
- We have over 20 years of experience and over 500 teachers have trained with us.
- Mid Essex ITT is fully committed to fairness and equality. We strive to recruit from all backgrounds and value the diversity brings to the profession. We have full disabled access at our training venue and a number of our schools. We welcome any requests from applicants concerning anything we can do to support you as you apply to join the course.
Safer recruitment of trainee teachers
- Mid Essex ITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- We implement safer recruitment procedures and all candidates will be required to have a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check.
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out a check of the children's barred list and prohibition from teaching list.
- Mid Essex ITT will also seek references from two professional individuals and ask each referee to state that he/she “knows of no reason why the applicant should not work with children or vulnerable adults."
- Following receipt of the UCAS application, candidates may be asked to complete a work history form, accounting for any gaps in employment or study.
- Applicants who have lived or worked overseas may be asked to apply for a certificate of good conduct in addition to their DBS check.