Why Mid Essex ITT?
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose Mid Essex for your teacher training:
- Mid Essex has a small, friendly team of staff who get to know all our trainee teachers well, and are able to offer personalised support for them every Thursday
- Of the trainees in our 2021/22 cohort, 100% of respondents in the Trainee Online Questionnaire strongly agreed or agreed that they had been effectiviely trained by provider trainers, lecturers and programme staff. 100% also strongly agreed or agreed that they had received effective mentoring; and 100% strongly agreed or agreed that the training programme was well led and managed
- Respondents to MEITT's Trainee Evaluation of the same cohort found that 100% strongly agreed or agreed that the work of the Director, Course Tutors and Course Administrators had been effective in supporting their training; and 100% strongly agreed or agreed that the quality of leadership and management at Mid Essex was either outstanding or good
- We have links with more than 20 secondary schools across Essex
- Excellent employment rates, significantly above the national average: virtually all of our successful trainees are offered ECT teaching posts, many in the schools in which they trained
- All of our training is run by experienced, practising teachers
- Weekly training in the fantastic Braintree Arts Theatr
- Additional, weekly subject expert training (SET) at your subject tutor's school
- Continual assessment process
- Support of a Subject Mentor, Professional Tutor and Lead Subject Tutor, plus our Course Tutors, Programme Director and Assistant Programme Director
- We have more than 28 years' experience and over 800 teachers have trained with us
- Mid Essex ITT is fully committed to fairness and equality. We strive to recruit from all backgrounds and value the diversity this brings to the profession. We have full disabled access at our training venue and at a number of our schools. We welcome any requests from applicants concerning anything we can do to support you as you apply to join the course
- The well-being of our trainees is one of our key priorities. In our end-of-course evalution of the 2021-2022 cohort, 100% of trainees strongly agreed or agreed that Mid Essex was fully commited to supporting their well-being.
- Mid Essex ITT was successful in being accredited as part of last year's ITT market review by the Department for Education and are delighted to be able to continue training teachers, as we have been since 1994.
Safer recruitment of trainee teachers
- Mid Essex ITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- We implement safer recruitment procedures and all candidates will be required to have a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out a check of the children's barred list and prohibition from teaching list
- Mid Essex ITT will also seek references from two professional individuals and ask each referee to state that he/she “knows of no reason why the applicant should not work with children or vulnerable adults"
- Following receipt of the application, candidates may be asked to complete a work history form, accounting for any gaps in employment or study
- Applicants who have lived or worked overseas may be asked to apply for a certificate of good conduct in addition to their DBS check
- All applicants will be asked to complete an Occupational Health questionnaire to check that they are fit to train