Am I eligible to train?
The minimum entry requirements are:
- a degree at classification 2:2 or above
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade C / grade 4 in Maths
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade C / grade 4 in English
Professional Skills Test
In lieu of the Professional Skills Tests all applicants to our 2020/21 cohort will be required to undertake assessments in both Numeracy and Literacy as part of the selection process.
Safer recruitment of trainee teachers
- Mid Essex ITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- We implement safer recruitment procedures and all candidates will be required to have a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check.
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out a check of the children's barred list and prohibition from teaching list.
- Mid Essex ITT will also seek references from two professional individuals and ask each referee to state that he/she “knows of no reason why the applicant should not work with children or vulnerable adults."
- Following receipt of the UCAS application, candidates may be asked to complete a work history form, accounting for any gaps in employment or study.
- Applicants who have lived or worked overseas may be asked to apply for a certificate of good conduct in addition to their DBS check.