What do we offer our Mentors?
MEITT really do value the contributions that our Mentors make, and the pivotal role they play in supporting our trainees on their journey to becoming qualified teachers.
Over the course of the academic year, we ensure that we offer a wide range of developmental opportunities for our Mentors. Being a Mentor is not only a hugely-rewarding experience, but is also great CPD for future positions.
We offer our Mentors:
- the opportunity to work with key stakeholders across our partnership schools;
- the chance to attend our weekly central and core training sessions;
- access to our staff development library;
- the chance to contribute to our central training;
- opportunity to train in instructional coaching;
- access to regional Subject Forums;
- access to Teacher Educator and Mentoring Zone (TEMZ) through NASBTT;
- collaboration with subject colleagues across partnership schools, and
- access to the new Regional Mentor Training programme for 2022-2023
"Being a mentor was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my teaching career to date. I was able to nurture and support my trainee as they progressed over the course of the year. I was incredibly proud to watch the teacher that they have become and to know that I was a part of this. I was also provided with ample support from Mid Essex ITT, and this opportunity certainly provided me with some key skills that have been beneficial when applying for my next middle leadership post" – English Mentor, Notley High School.
Please download the interactive poster below: